1. Open the “Modules” tab and choose the “Motion” module.
2. On the top part select the video, the object and finally the object’s path or contour to determine the object you will calculate the motion for.
4. Use the “Compare with” selection box to choose how the motion is calculated:
- First frame -> compares the current frame with the first frame
- Previous frame -> compares the current frame with the previous frame (current frame - 1)
- Background image -> compares the current frame with a background image
6. Use the “Threshold” slider to set the treshold for the motion
7. Use the “Radius” slider to select the radius the motion calculation
8. Check the “Show diffs boxes” if you want the preview to show the pixels that changed in the current frame
9. Press the “Apply” button to calculate the motion.